Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MerScales: Comparison & Preview:Scale Series

I'm working on another scale tattoo. I'm having fun with it, but realized an important question... What color should I make it? So I went to see what color of my mer scales seemed to be enjoyed the most. Answer: White. By a long shot. I assume that this is because of the ability to color tint to specific needs. To investigate this, I did a number of snapshots. I did the tattoo layer white, then tinted undershirt, shirt, jacket and gloves to different colors, saved them, prepared for the shoot and snapped off a number of pictures. I changed the skin color and did another round of shots. Then I added the white tattoo layer as a background with the clothing layers over the top and did another series. And finally I did a series with the original mer scale types.

Black skin. Dark red tint, bright red tint, blue tint and medium purple.
I did wait for them to rez in. Somehow, there is still a lot of detail lost.

Same as above, but with the white tattoo under to boost the difference.


The originals, found on marketplace.




 Which is better... tinted scales, or the originals? Your call. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/60609

Also, Preview! A new series of scaling, going from barely scaled to almost completely. Colors to be released? Not sure yet. What would you like to see? Answering may even win you a free set in the color of your choice! Leave a comment OR drop a notecard in world to Eve Gaelyth with color preference (see the color choices in the mer selections) and your SL name.



No comments:

Post a Comment